Badge Making @ the School Fete

By , Wednesday, 31st October, 2007

This year for the school fete, my class will be holding the Badge Making stall.

schools_cool_badge

I’ve been doing a google search to see if I can find some templates already made up, complete with cute clipart and slogans, but so far haven’t been very successful. πŸ™

The Badge-a-minit site has a video on how to make the badges, along with some design packs that can be purchased. There were also some ideas on how schools could use badges.

The only other site I’ve come across so far is ButtonBrat.com, which is based in Melbourne, Australia. It has some designs, again available for purchase, though not all are appropriate for a school fete!!

If you know where I can get some designs (preferably free, of course πŸ™‚ ) or have even a blank template of the circles, it’d be great if you could leave me a comment and let me know.

EDIT (4/11/07): BuyButtonParts.com has a page of Button Templates for just about every size badge, available for download (We are using the 2 1/2″ Button Template).

EDIT (9/11/07): The fete was held today and I must say the stall was much more successful than I thought it would be! We collected $284.00, selling the badges for $2.00 each (so we sold 142 badges in 2 and a 1/2 hours). I took away $30 for costs (pencils and textas) resulting in a $254 profit for the P&C. Barb, my teacher aide, made a few badges before the fete (using mainly old christmas cards as decorations), but most popular was the blank template for children to design their own. πŸ™‚

10 Responses to “Badge Making @ the School Fete”

1. kirsty says:

Thanks for the fete idea, badges are great, but did you have the badge press to be able to make them and where do i buy the parts like the back plastic. Or did you make them some other way ??? Any help would be great, this is the first fete i have organised. Cheers Kirsty (QLD)

2. Mr Gray says:

Hi Kirsty, thanks for dropping by. πŸ™‚
    Badge Making is an easy stall to organise. Our school already had the badge making machine from years ago, so if you don’t have one already, ask around at some other schools. The video mentioned above helped me work out how to make them, and the template above gave me the correct size to use. I’m not sure where to buy all the parts for the badges from, but I’ll ask at school tomorrow, as, by coincidence – one of the infants classes have decided to make badges for Mothers’ Day, and were just asking me today for help to make them. I’ll leave another comment here after I find out.
    PS – how did you find out about this post?

3. Mr Gray says:

I found a brochure for parts in the badge making machine box.
    It is an old brochure (the prices were only applicable to 30/4/02!!) but it could be a start??
    Available from Mills Display (sales@millsdisplay.com.au) Parramatta NSW Ph 02 9687 5406, or Logan QLD Ph 07 3804 3335
    Hope that helps – the prices seemed quite reasonable for the quantities being ordered, even if they are 6 years old!!

4. Kirsty says:

Hi Mr Gray

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate your help. I will check out
    the one at logan as we are about 10 mins from there.

I found you by doing a google search for badge making. Now you can say, I
    have been googled…..

Kindest regards
    Kirsty Evans

5. Mike says:

I got one from Badger Makes Badges in Hobart and it’s the best thing I’ve bought in years ! I’m making $2000/month with it in my spare time !!
    They bent over backwards to help me, so I recommend you check them out !

cheers, Mike

6. Mr Gray says:

Thanks Mike, I don’t recall coming across Badger Makes Badges when I was doing all those searches.
    That’s not a bad little income for your spare time either!! I wouldn’t have thought there would be that many fetes and such occurring in one month.

7. sandrar says:

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. πŸ™‚ Cheers! Sandra. R.

8. […] colour in their own artwork and then make into a badge, always very popular. See my earlier post on Badge Making for more help. […]

9. Joe says:

Hi,
    we make badges (58mm) that fit the old Mills (2 1/4″)machines, you are welcome to visit our site;
    We would be pleased to help πŸ™‚

10. Mr Gray says:

Thanks Joe, will keep that in mind for when I need to restock – you’re prices looked pretty reasonable too.